The Lords of Loud is a group of custom motorcycle builders/riders throughout the MID-WEST! We are NOT A MC!! We represent the brotherhood of a MC, and respect all MC's alike! We believe Period Correct is not always Correct, we build bikes that suit us, and we RIDE THE MOTHERFUCKERS!




Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fuckin flats.

On my way home from the grocery store last night, I saw something I thought I never would in York NE........

A CHOPPER!!! It was almost 40* and snow is melting. I look down a side street 2 blocks from my house and there it is a a rigid 70's Ironhead chopper, flat black, P-nut tank, long springer, big sissy bar and no surprise a pissed off biker pushing it! I kid, I kid, well kind of. So I park and walk over to see what's up. Turns out he has a blown tube and a busted sissy bar. We chat for a minute in between calls to see if we can't find a tube for his tire, no dice, it's after 5 and no parts store carries motorcycle parts, the only 2 bike shops with in 30 miles are closed. So we push it the 2 blocks to my house and into the garage, get it up on a block.


Yes my garage is a mess; but I'm in the middle of packing for a move!


Here's the busted sissy bar. I got that welded up last night. Tonight, if he got the tube, we'll get that changed out and he'll be back on the road.

The Ol Lady was like "Do you even know this guy?" uhhhh no "Well why would he trust you with his bike?" Uhhhhhhhh, Rules of the road? I guess she just doesn't get it. Anyway, when you see someone in need you help them if you can. How many times has it happened to you? My point Stop and help a brotha out!

6 comments:

wickedblockhead said...

Good Call, Brutha!

andy said...

is that a hummer tank on it ( ign switch in the tank)? or does it just have two caps? if its a hummer its worth a pretty penny.

Doc14 said...

Word up Sigh, good job bro, been down that road alot, seems people forget the rules of the road sometimes and need to be reminded!

Sighless said...

Andy, good eye man. The ignition is in the tank. It's a really slick bike, just needs a little TLC, looks like whomever built it paid a lot of attention to it; but later owner(s) not so much.

Doc, Blockhead, I have been there on 2 wheels and 4, I guess I was just raised to help. Also I always love to have bikes in my garage to tinker with, even if they aren't mine!

BullDog said...

Hell yeah man. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Seriously though, good on you dude. Not too many folks left in this ol' world willing to help out a stranger like that. Thankfully the middle of the country still has a few of those souls left.

cope said...

word, good karma, see you guys soon